- Put an X between the brackets on this line if you have done all of the following:
- Reproduced the problem in Safe Mode: https://flight-manual.atom.io/hacking-atom/sections/debugging/#using-safe-mode
- Followed all applicable steps in the debugging guide: https://flight-manual.atom.io/hacking-atom/sections/debugging/
- Checked the FAQs on the message board for common solutions: https://discuss.atom.io/c/faq
- Checked that your issue isn’t already filed: https://github.com/issues?utf8=✓&q=is%%3Aissue+user%%3Aatom
- Checked that there is not already an Atom package that provides the described functionality: https://atom.io/packages
Atom 1.28.0 fails to start on OSX 10.10.1
Steps to Reproduce
- Start Atom as usual from the Applications folder, Spotlight, or the command line
Expected behavior: [What you expect to happen]
App to launch as usual
Actual behavior: [What actually happens]
When started from Finder/Spotlight, a popup window appears which states
Atom cannot be opened because of a problem.
When started from the command line with
/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/MacOS/Atom, the error text is:
dyld: Symbol not found: _CIDetectorTypeText Referenced from: /Applications/Atom.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Electron Framework Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore in /Applications/Atom.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Electron Framework Trace/BPT trap: 5
- When started with
atom --safe, the error text is
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed for the application /Applications/Atom.app with error -10810.
Reproduces how often: [What percentage of the time does it reproduce?]
100%% of the time; unable to start Atom normally
The Atom version commands are not working. They cause the “Atom cannot be opened because of a problem” popup to appear.
I downloaded the latest version of Atom (1.28.0) and replaced my previous installation with it, but the result was the same.
OSX Yosemite 10.10.1
I have tried re-downloading Atom and reinstalling it, which made no difference to the error
I have tried removing
~/.atom, which made no difference
I have tried restarting my system several times
The issue seems to have started after two instances of the program opened following a system restart, but both hung and had to be force quit. Googling the specific
dylderror message I receive in the console yields no relevant results.