- glTF 1.1 will be 2.0: KhronosGroup/glTF#817
- glTF 2.0 draft: KhronosGroup/glTF#826
- Sample models: https://github.com/cx20/gltf-test/tree/2.0
- Create GLTF2Loader.
- Add PBR materials.
- Add morph targets.
- Add image.bufferView so that textures/geometry/keyframes can be stored in one binary blob if desired.
- Replace top-level glTF object properties that are currently accessed by property name, e.g., the accessors object, with arrays that are accessed by index.
- Nodes allow only 1
- KHR_binary_glTF extension is moved into core spec.
- KHR_common_materials extension no longer includes lights.
- KHR_lights extension.
- KHR_technique_webgl for GLSL. GLSL is no longer part of core spec.
I’m probably missing some things, there is a more exhaustive list: Spec changes from 1.0 to 2.0. This will settle over the coming weeks.