- Can you reproduce the problem in safe mode?
- Are you running the latest version of Atom?
- Did you check the debugging guide?
- Did you check the FAQs on Discuss?
- Are you reporting to the correct repository?
- Did you perform a cursory search to see if your bug or enhancement is already reported?
Since Atom 1.12 beta the paths of files on network mapped drives are resolved with the full server name instead of the path of the network mapped drive. This caused problems with restoring the session of projects on network mapped drives when upgrading to Atom 1.12.
\\server\path\to\folder is mapped to
Y:\. Atom restores the session with the
Y:\ path but all new files open with the
\\server\path\to\folder path. So you have to close and reopen all files you previously had opened to not have duplicate files open. This also can cause the UNC path error when running the linter on beta.
I did discover that the
tree-view still has the old path if you copy the full path of some file and the title bar of Atom also displays the network mapped drive label. So currently we display both of the paths in different parts of Atom.
Atom 1.12.0-beta5 paths
Atom 1.11.2 paths
Upgrading from 1.11 to 1.12
Steps to Reproduce
- Install Atom 1.11.2
- Map a network drive on Windows
- Open a folder on the network mapped drive
- Open some files for example:
- Install Atom 1.12-beta5
- Paths from previous session restore as
tree-viewa duplicate tab opens as
Expected behavior: Paths to be consistent across Atom. Upgrade to be smooth so users don’t have to close every file after upgrading to avoid opening duplicate files.
Actual behavior: Paths are inconsistent. Upgrade from 1.11 to 1.12 not smooth.
atom --version Atom : 1.12.0-beta5 Electron: 1.3.6 Chrome : 52.0.2743.82 Node : 6.3.0
apm --version apm 1.12.5 npm 3.10.5 node 4.4.5 python 2.7.11 git 2.10.1.windows.1 visual studio 2015