As a user with a preference set for the WordPress.com/Calypso editor,
I want to use the classic block to edit my content
So that I can use an editor that is more familiar to me.
Given a user who
- Is in the editor deprecation group (
- Has an editor preference of
classicfor the site they are currently editing
- Is creating a new post for the first time after the editor deprecation
- Automatically insert a classic block into the post that is being created.
- Show a custom welcome guide that introduces the classic block and instructs how to insert it in the future.
- If the block editor Welcome Guide would normally show, hide it and show the classic block modal instead. Toggle the welcome guide off, so it isn’t shown the next time the user loads the editor.
This will load in the iframed block editor in WordPress.com only, so code will live in the wpcom-block-editor Calypso app.