- Put an X between the brackets on this line if you have done all of the following:
- Reproduced the problem in Safe Mode: https://flight-manual.atom.io/hacking-atom/sections/debugging/#using-safe-mode
- Followed all applicable steps in the debugging guide: https://flight-manual.atom.io/hacking-atom/sections/debugging/
- Checked the FAQs on the message board for common solutions: https://discuss.atom.io/c/faq
- Checked that your issue isn’t already filed: https://github.com/issues?utf8=✓&q=is%%3Aissue+user%%3Aatom
- Checked that there is not already an Atom package that provides the described functionality: https://atom.io/packages
I’ve just noticed that, in the latest nightly build, context menu actions are not working throughout the app. The context menu appears and allows me to choose an option, but nothing happens.
Steps to Reproduce
- Open Atom with a project
- Right-click on a folder in the tree view
- Choose “New file…”
The file creation dialog panel should appear.
The context menu closes and no dialog is shown.
Reproduces how often:
100%% of the time. It also reproduces with any other menu option on any other context menu (within a TextEditor, or on unstaged files in the git tab, etc).
github ➤ atom --version Atom : 1.57.0-nightly0 Electron: 9.4.4 Chrome : 83.0.4103.122 Node : 12.14.1 github ➤ apm --version apm 2.5.2 npm 6.14.8 node 12.4.0 x64 atom 1.57.0-nightly0 python 2.7.16 git 126.96.36.19950.gc219791418
No errors appear in the dev console, either.
Keyboard shortcuts (like “A” for the “New file” action in my repro steps) and running commands from the command palette both work as expected.
I’m guessing that this is related to an Electron upgrade?