Do you want to request a feature or report a bug?
I’m reporting a bug.
What is the current behavior?
If the current behavior is a bug, please provide the steps to reproduce.
I’ve created a reproduce repository on GitLab.
Clone that repository, then:
./node_modules/.bin/webpack --mode development app.js -o out.js
node --inspect-brk out.js
- Open Chrome and go to
- Click “Open dedicated DevTools for Node”
- Ensure you’re on the “Sources” tab
- Click the blue “resume script execution” button – the control flow will continue, then pause at the
app.js, which is good.
- In the middle pane, put a breakpoint on the line with the
console.log(click the grey “3”)
- Click the blue “resume script execution” button again – the control flow should stop at your breakpoint on the
console.log. Instead, it continues, prints the log, doesn’t stop, and finishes execution.
What is the expected behavior?
Breakpoints should stop the control flow.
Please mention other relevant information such as the browser version, Node.js version, webpack version, and Operating System.
Note that this functionality was working
webpack issue tracker because non-webpack-ify’d files still work properly in the Chrome Node debugger.
- OS: Arch Linux / macOS